Monday, August 3, 2009

July 25th, 2009

Dear Folks,
Thank you for the letters, they´ve really helped me. Not just this week, but every time I get a letter I feel more motivated and still want to work. So thanks for it all.
Well, this week the last of the Seventy left our area. The new headquarters of the new area will be in Peru. It was fun while it lasted, getting to hear some of the seventy talk in church a few times and getting to shake their hands when they came in. Sometimes they´d share something in one of our classes, which was also pretty cool. But now they´re all gone, which is sad. Oh well, I´ve seen a drastic improvement in our relationship with the members in my time here working with them. They seem to like the missionaries more than when I first arrived here. I hope we have done some good for them. This last week we had a few Family Home Evenings with members and non-members. We have a few new investigators that we´re pretty excited about, so we´ll see what happens.
Spanish is coming along great. I can get most of what they´re saying and they tell me I talk a lot more now. I´m making friends with some of the members, and I think they're pretty cool.
We had a baptism of 5 people the other day in the ward(the other side of course). It was a great service. A whole family. It started with the son who was baptized a month ago. Now even the aunts and cousins are solid investigators as well. They are a great family and I was happy to see them all so happy. They love the chuch and love that they have the gospel in their lives. I can´t wait till I see someone I´m closer too get that excited about it. Someday I´m sure I'll get to see it.
We played futbol today with some of the other Elders because the ban on sports has been repealed. They passed the ball to me and I actually made a few goals. Guess those YMCA programs were good for something Mom. I´m still going to talk to my comp about practicing some moves in the mornings because he has played futbol a lot.
Well how is everyone there. I want nearly weekly letters from my siblings to help me keep up with the young people. Also, I want news from Grandma and Grandpa every week, even if it is kinda short. Please give them an update about my letters every week as well.
Could you please send me the recipe for no-bake cookies and the oatmeal cookies as well. We wanted to try and make them for the Family Home Evenings we are doing.
Sincerely,
Elder Rickords

No comments:

Post a Comment